What Information Do We Collect and Why?
When a visitor provides personal data to us, we will use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us. When you place an order with www.spectronic-camspec.co.uk, we need to know your name, email address, company address, delivery address, work telephone number and payment details, which may include credit or debit card number and expiry date. This enables us to authorise your payment, process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status.
How we secure your information and your rights are regulated under the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation and regulations.
You have rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. Individuals have the right:
- To request and access a copy of their information (personal data);
- To object to the processing of their information if they feel it is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing, (e.g. Opt-Out);
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means, (e.g. credit reference checks);
- In certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act in the courts.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to other businesses within Spectronic CamSpec Ltd and to reputable third party contractors engaged by Spectronic CamSpec Ltd to perform a variety of functions such as processing your orders, assisting with promotions or providing technical services for our websites including Live Chat and hosting. We require all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK and European data protection and consumer legislation in place.
Except where stated within these Terms and Conditions, our website does not collect or compile personally identifying information for sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
We may from time to time contact you to supply you details of our products, services and/or to share our current promotions. You can opt-out of marketing either by selecting the appropriate opt-out option during the checkout process, or by selecting the unsubscribe option available on any promotional email.
In Order to Monitor the Performance of Our Site We Collect:
- An IP address to monitor site traffic and volume
- A session ID to uniquely identify you on our site
In Order to Fulfil Any Orders Placed with us We Collect:
- An email address and telephone number to contact you
- Name of customer
- Credit card / payment information
- Billing and delivery addresses
- Note - Some or all of this data may also be used for security fraud checks
What We Do with Your Information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws and regulations such as the Privacy Electronic Communication Regulations. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service.
- To carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to Experian Limited, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks - this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
- To comply with legal requirements
- For Spectronic CamSpec Ltd marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this.
- If you would like details of the information which you have submitted to us through this site, you have a right of access to such information and you may contact us in writing at the above address. We may charge for a request for access in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is reasonably required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
We Are a Secure Site
We realise just how important it is to keep your personal and payment information safe when sent over the internet, so we take all the necessary precautions to protect your information and to store it securely.
Your payment card and/or bank information is defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as personal data. Data controllers such as Spectronic-CamSpec Ltd Limited will put security arrangements around this information and treat it as sensitive personal data. This type of information may be transmitted to us online (such as credit card numbers) and therefore this will be encrypted and transmitted to us securely. You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for a locked padlock icon (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Edge and many others. ) in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen. This will appear on any page where you are entering personal information (such as your credit card details). No other page will transmit personal information about you.
We will put in place appropriate, technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised or unlawful processing, against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information.
Shopping Securely With Us
At wwwspectronic-camspec.co.uk we utilise the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt all your personal information including debit or credit card numbers, name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet. In order to help safeguard unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, we check the security code located above the magnetic strip on the back of your card and also the address provided on your order with the address set against the card.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard® SecureCode™
When you submit your card details, our e-commerce system will request confirmation that the details provided are correct (as explained in the sections above). Most banks now include the "Verified by Visa" and "MasterCard®" "SecureCode™" virtual 'card present' environment. These are additional security systems which may appear as part of the final stages of placing your order.
If your bank uses one of these systems, you will be prompted to enter a password or code in order to proceed with your payment. The web page which prompts for this information is provided by your bank, and the information transmitted from this page is between you and your bank; it cannot be used or processed by us. As soon as the card/password is verified you will be returned to our website to complete your order.
When this page is displayed, you will either be prompted to enrol in the card's scheme if you have not already done so (you will be asked to create a password or code as part of the enrolment process), or if you are already enrolled, you will be prompted to enter your password. If you would like more information about this process, or to enrol on this scheme independently of our website, it is advised that you contact your bank.
Is a simple and secure method of payment at online stores, for which you will have a private code known only to you and to your bank. Your SecureCode™ enhances your existing MasterCard® account by safeguarding against unauthorised use of your card when shopping at participating online retailers. Every time you make a payment with these retailers, you will be automatically prompted to enter your own private SecureCode™ - just like entering a PIN at a cash machine. In seconds, you gain added protection while shopping online.
Verified by Visa Explained
Verified by Visa is a simple password-protected identity-checking service that takes the risk out of online shopping for both retailers and customers. Retailers are protected against fraudulent transactions and the costs associated with it, while customers can spend with confidence knowing that their payment details are safe.
View Payment Methods
The prices of products on this website are in £ Sterling , exclusive of VAT and exclusive of delivery. You'll find details of our delivery options and costs in the Delivery Information section. They are also shown when you place items in the basket.
The prices, offers and products on this website are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. We do our best to ensure that all information on this site is accurate. However, just occasionally, an error may occur. If we discover an error in the price or description of a product you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
Payment Methods Available
We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards along with the Visa Debit card. We also accept payment through Sagepay.
When you place an order we treat it as an offer to buy, and will send you an e-mail to confirm receipt. If we accept your order, we will despatch the product(s) to you, at which point we make a legal contract with you. Payment will be processed at the point the goods are despatched. We will send you an email to confirm despatch.
We are entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary, in which case we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know. When you order you will have an opportunity to check the details and correct any input errors.
Provided your chosen product(s) is available, we will process your payment and provide an order confirmation number at the time we take your telephone order. We do not send confirmation emails to telephone customers.
During the process of accepting your payment we may use information received from your card issuer. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions. We will contact you as soon as possible if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason, and give you the opportunity to pay via another method.
There are lots of misconceptions about cookies and what they are for. At www.Spectronic-camspec.co.uk we believe in being open, upfront and honest. In this section we briefly explain the cookie types we use and how they benefit your experience using the website.
- To keep track of the items added to the basket
- To help identify the order as a whole
- To view visitor behaviour and areas of the site visited
- To monitor and run advertising and marketing campaigns
Overview of the types of cookies used:
Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our site. Without essential cookies our sites can't operate properly. Typically, these cookies are used to support key functions such as the shopping basket and enhanced features like our sign-in accounts.
These cookies allow us to identify and count the number of visitors to our sites and to see how visitors are using the website. This helps us to improve the way our sites work and develop functionality to make shopping with us a more rewarding experience.
Our site uses a range of cookies for marketing purposes. Marketing cookies record your visits to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. Sometimes we share anonymous information about your browsing activity recorded using cookies with our advertising partners. They may use this information to advertise products that may interest you on other sites. Please note we don't share any of your personal or sensitive information.
It is the policy of Spectronic-CamSpec Ltd to provide the highest quality of service to ensure customer and client satisfaction.
The company is a commercial business operating in a very competitive market. We believe that delivering the highest quality of service, alongside controlling costs, optimising pricing and having a well established strategic plan, is essential to the long-term sustainability and profitability of the business.
In order to ensure that all work is carried out in a manner that provides the highest quality of service, the company operates a quality system in compliance with BS EN ISO 9001.
The director responsible for quality is the Managing Director of Spectronic-CamSpec Ltd.
The management team is committed to:
- Implementing, integrating and maintaining the Quality Management System and ensuring sufficient resources are made available to achieve this.
- Promoting continual improvement and setting quality objectives in line with the frame laid down within ISO 9001.
- Ensuring through communication, engagement and training that employees are familiar with and understand all objectives and procedures for the improvement and maintenance of the quality system relevant to their work in the company.
- Regularly reviewing quality objectives and ensuring the outcome of any review is communicated and understood.
- Ensuring our processes meet any applicable regulatory and statutory requirements.