Food Texture Analyser TMS Pro
The TMS Pro is the flagship of the FTC line. When the application calls for precise force, position and speed control, the TMS-Pro is unsurpassed. The Food Texture Analyser TMS Pro was designed as an affordable alternative to the very high priced test systems offered by competitors.
With a capacity of 2500 Newtons, (550 lbs.) in compression or tension, the TMS-Pro can handle the toughest applications. The system comes complete with the Texture Lab Pro (TL-Pro) software package and any size loadcell of your choice. The TMS-Pro texture analyser accepts the full and expanding line of FTC test cells including the industry standard, FTC Kramer Shear Cell as well as fixtures from our competitors. Backed by 50 years' experience in texture measurement and application development.
I have been using the TMS-Pro mechanical tester in our undergraduate biological materials property course for the past 3 years. The simple setup and operation of the TMS-Pro allows my students to focus on learning the theoretical underpinnings of mechanical properties instead of fighting with a finicky test system.
- Intelligent load cells changeable in seconds
- High force capacity in compression or tension
- Unequaled data acquisition rates of up to 2000 readings per second
- Full range of test cells, probes and fixtures
- Portable, simple to set up and easy to learn
- Master and operator modes with password protection
- Powerful yet easy to use PC software
- Fully programmable for unlimited test designs
- Real time graphing and display
- Automatic statistical calculations
- Force Range ±2500 N (562 lbf, 255 kgf)
- Force Resolution 0.015% of load cell - 15 gf (0.5 ozf) for a 1000 Newton load cell
- Crosshead Travel Range 320 mm (12.5 in)
- Position Resolution 32 cm (12.5 in.) of travel with 2.5 micron resolution
- Speed Range: 1 - 1000 mm/min
- Speed Accuracy Better than 0.1%
- Data Acquisition Rate 16000 readings/sec, filtered to 1000 readings/sec
- Data Display/Output Rate: Selectable from 1000, 500, 100, 50, 10 Hz
- Capacities Available 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500 N (0.45 - 562 lbf, 0.2 - 255 kgf)
- Weight 18 kg (40 lbs)
- Power Supply 120/220 V AC 50/60 Hz, selectable
- One fixture table
- T-slot mounting base
- Operating Manuals
When used with the TMS-Pro load software, the food scientist and researcher can now realise an unmatched level of precision, repeatability and ease of use.
The TL-Pro software offers real-time graphic display so one can “see the test” as it is being performed.
A powerful instruction set supports almost any test method you can think of. Cyclic test, Texture Profile Analysis (TPA), single stroke, etc. are all easily set up and executed.
Test configurations are saved in a library for instant recall. With an unmatched loadcell data acquisition rate up to 16000 samples per second, high frequency data capture is no problem.
- Free Upgrades for Life.
- Automatic Statistical Calculations.
- Window XP, 7, 8 compatible.
- Fast USB or Serial Interface.
- Easy Data Export to Other Programs.
- Data Display in Metric or Imperial Units.
- Graphic Overlays of up to 8 Tests.