TMS Dual Extrusion Cell
This set of fixtures and accessories provides a complete solution for extrusion tests on semi-solids and viscous liquids.
The test set consists of three 50mm diameter sample presentation containers - allowing technologists to make tests on prepared samples in triplicate. The containers may be mounted to the supplied bottom plate that allows easy fitting within the TMS Standard fixture table.
Each container has a set of four base discs:
- 1 x blank (no orifice) for back extrusion
- 1 x 2mm central hole for forward extrusion
- 1 x 6mm central hole for forward extrusion
- 1 x 8mm central hole for forward extrusion
A set of five extrusion discs, 5 mm in thickness - fitted to the crosshead - complete the fixture:
- The largest 49mm diameter disc is used in forward extrusion tests where the sample is forced through the selected hole in the base plate.
- The remaining 45 mm, 40 mm, 35 mm and 30 mm diameter discs are to be used in back extrusion tests.
PART NUMBER: 432-026
TMS DUAL EXTRUSION CELL
Set of 3 cylindrical pots with 4 changeable bottom plates for back and forward extrusion testing. Includes 5 extrusion plates to accommodate different sizes of sample particulates ideal for fruit purees and yogurt products.
Accessories Required With This Fixture:
- Extension Rod, 110mm
- Standard T-slot fixture table
Maximum rating of 500N dependent on loadcell.
- Flow properties of fruit purées
- Consistency of fruit toppings and bakery sauces
- Body and structure of mayonnaise
- Pump thinning of chocolate spread
- Stringing of deposited custard sauces
- Yield point of flow in icing sugar mixes
- Consistency and body of yogurts
- Dip thickness and coating properties
- Mouth coating properties of processed cheeses
- Cohesiveness of paté and meat spreads