The Pearl liquid attachment for FTIR
The Pearl is an innovation for analysing liquid samples with IR spectroscopy.
This new accessory greatly reduces the time and difficulty of liquid sample analysis.
Key benefits of this new accessory are:
- Easiest FTIR sampling system available
- Faster and more reliable than traditional liquid cells, saving time and money
- Very accurate and repeatable pathlengths
- Various pathlengths and window materials, which can be changed in seconds
- Handles viscous materials with ease
The Pearl™ is a high specification liquid transmission accessory designed for laboratory spectroscopic sample analysis in the near and mid Infrared. The Pearl™accessory contains Specac’s innovative Oyster™ Lift and Tilt cell assembly, which holds the sample in a horizontal plane. The top Oyster™ cell is simply lifted and tilted to one side to allow for fast and easy application of the sample, and for cleaning between samples. For more volatile samples, there is an injection access port in the top Oyster™, so the cell assembly does not have to be fully opened. At all times,the sample can be viewed through the two windows, allowing the user to ensure that no bubbles have been trapped. The Oyster™cell can be cleaned very easily and quickly using tissue and an appropriate solvent. The Pearl™ has been designed to provide a more accurate pathlength than can been achieved using a traditional liquid transmission accessory, with pathlengths repeatable to significantly better than 1µm thanks to the innovative ‘Lift and Tilt’ mechanism. Oyster™ cells have the unique feature of being offered as either parallel or wedged cells to eliminate troublesome fringing. Pearl™ can be fitted with ZnSe or CaF2 windows which can be interchanged in seconds. Oyster™ cells are available in five pathlengths, 50µm, 100µm, 200µm, 500µm and 1,000µm.
The Oyster™cell mechanism is so easy to use that it makes the Pearl™ accessory suitable for handling highly viscous samples such as oils and greases.
• In-service oil analysis
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Adulterated edible oil analysis
• Highly viscous samples such as greases
• The easiest to use FTIR liquid sampling system available
• Faster, more accurate and more repeatable than traditional liquid cells
• Wedged cell option to eliminate troublesome fringing completely
• Different pathlengths and window materials changed in seconds
• Handles viscous materials with ease